Compressed air foam (CAF) is generated by the combination of compressed air, water and foam concentrate in the right proportions, to create a homogeneous foam solution similar to shaving cream. CAF is delivered with high momentum through a fixed piping system, and distributed over the hazard via an approved discharge device.
The ICAF compressed air foam system is FM Approved as a local application extinguishing system for class B pool fires, spill fires and cascading fires. Full-scale fire tests have demonstrated ICAF to be an extremely effective extinguishing mechanism for flammable and combustible liquids, both miscible and non-miscible.
- ICAF uses four times less water and up to six times less foam concentrate compared to foam-water systems.
- ICAF FM Approved Discharge Devices
- ICAF can eliminate or reduce the size of drainage and containment systems including spill tanks and oil separators
- ICAF reduces the costs associated to clean-up and disposal of foam during discharge testing or after a fire.
- ICAF reduce steam production and thereby improve visibility during and after a fire.