The flameproof triple Infra-Red (IR³) Flame Detector is designed to protect hazardous areas where open fires may be expected and detects almost all flames, including hydrocarbon fires with 4.3 m emissions through to invisible fires such as hydrogen.
The IR Flame Detector is sensitive to flickering, low frequency (1- 15Hz) infra-red radiation emitted by flames during combustion even if the lens is contaminated by a layer of oil, dust, water, vapour or ice.
This detector has three IR sensors which respond to different IR wavelengths in order to discriminate between flames and spurious sources of radiation. False alarms from flickering sunlight are avoided by a combination of filters and signal processing techniques.
- Excellent immunity to false sources
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor areas
- Tolerant of fumes, vapours, dust and mist
- High ambient temperature applications
- Unaffected by convection currents, draughts or wind
- Proven response to multiple fuel types
- Multi-spectrum detection
- Selectable output options
- Selectable response speed
- Selectable sensitivity levels
- Built in auto and manual test
- Low current consumption
- Fast response to fire